Possums Over the Moon
What is it?
Possums Over the Moon is a teaching resource composed and developed by Eugenie Teychenné for Beginner String Programs in schools.
It provides curriculum and structure for the first year of string group teaching, using online audio/visual tools to teach repertoire and technique in the classroom.
The pieces are composed and arranged for sequential learning across all the string instruments and are great fun to play.
How does it assist learning?
- Interactive videos for big screen provide a central focus point for the class
- Audio backing tracks build aural memory and develop ensemble skills
- Synchronised moving cursor trains the eye to follow the score
- Optional tempos accommodate students’ rate of learning
- Preparation exercises develop technical skills specific to each piece
- Practice Pod videos guide and motivate students’ practice at home
- Lesson plans provide curriculum and structure
- 15 original pieces build technique progressively across all string instruments
What’s in the box?
An annual subscription gives you the following online teaching tools & resources:
- Read & Play Videos of 15 original pieces in optional tempos
- Interactive Preparation Videos for each piece
- Unlimited student access to Practice Pods
- PDF Scores & Flash Cards for big screen
- Teacher’s Notes and Lesson Plans
- Preview scores & audio tracks for quick reference
- Optional audio-only backing tracks
- Downloadable Student eBooks for Violin, Viola, Cello & Bass
- Downloadable Teacher’s eBook with full scores
- Downloadable Piano Accompaniment eBook
- Website access for 5 Teacher Members
What does it cost?
There is one simple plan for everyone. An annual Subscription costs $475 and runs for 12 months from the day of Registration.
A free one-hour consultation is available upon request to help you get started.
How do I access it?
Tools & resources are accessed from the Possums Over the Moon website in your browser. You will need a reliable internet connection, projector and a big screen to display the videos.
Practice Pods can be accessed easily by students on their own devices, with no group registration or password required.
How do I purchase?
Payment is made by Credit Card or Manual Payment option. Go to the Register page in the menu bar and enter your Contact and Billing details as prompted.
Once payment is successful you will be sent a confirmation email and you can login with the username and password nominated by you in the Registration form. A detailed invoice can be accessed from the Account page.
How do I give teachers access to the website?
Go to Manage Group in the Login drop-down box and add email addresses of Invitees as prompted, then click Submit. Invited teachers will receive a link to the Register page for completion.
How do I download my Invoice/Receipt?
Find Account in the Login drop-down box and click on Manage Group. Click on Payments & Invoices followed by Download Invoice.
How do I change my personal details?
Find Account in the Login drop-down box. Here you can edit your Subscription, edit your Profile, and view Payments & Invoices.
How many copies am I legally permitted to make of the eBooks?
You may make as many copies as you require within your program. Please respect Copyright Guidelines and refrain from sharing copies outside your membership group.
Why are synthesised sounds used in the audio tracks?
The videos are designed to teach the basics of rhythm and pitch while following notation. The synthesised sounds provide a simple and unadorned version of a piece which is easy for a student to decipher. Musical nuance and expression are important aspects of playing which can be further developed by the teacher once the basics have been established.
The Playback Line (cursor) has been set up to synchronise with the audio. So why does it sometimes appear to lag?
The playback line and audio track should be in synch. If a lag does appear it is likely a WiFi issue. In this case we recommend discussing it with your school’s IT department. It may be that the addition of a wifi booster could solve the problem.
Hands-on tour of Possums Over the Moon
For a “hands-on” demonstration of the Possums Over the Moon website, please go to demo.possumsoverthemoon.com
For more information…
If you would like to know more, or to request your free consultation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org